Designed to meet the most demanding regulatory approvals the GME MT403FG is a Class 2, Category 1 EPIRB in a fully enclosed float free housing with a Hammar HRU that will release the beacon at a certain depth, the beacon will then automatically activate.
Using the same innovative technology that produced the MT400 and revolutionised the EPIRB world, the MT403FG now offers commercial vessel operators the same GME performance and value enjoyed by recreational boaters. A key feature of the MT403 series is the use of non-hazardous battery packs that are IATA compliant and allow for restriction free transportation.
The MT403FG has an additional 16 Channel parallel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad Helix antenna to improve location accuracy to better than 100 meters typically.
The cost of 406 MHz beacon ownership has been dramatically lowered by the introduction of the MT403FG. GME's unique energy conserving microprocessor technology enables the battery replacement period to be extended to 6 years. This technology has significantly reduced both the size and accordingly the replacement price. The MT403FG is factory programmed with a unique serial number which should be registered with the appropriate national Search and Rescue Authority. In many countries, authorities permit the EPIRB to be coded with the vessel's Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number or Radio Call Sign. This reprogramming is undertaken by a GME authorised Dealer.
Advantages of a 406 MHz EPIRB over the older analogue EPIRBs include world wide coverage, position location accuracy to within 5 kms (100 m for the GPS models) and a more stable transmitted signal resulting in faster response time. Most importantly, the addition of a unique digitally coded message provides Search and Rescue authorities with vital information including the country of beacon registration and identification of the vessel in distress thus greatly reducing the incidence of false alerts and unneccesary deployment of valuable rescue resources.
An auxiliary homing transmitter is included in the MT403FG to enable suitably equipped Search and Rescue vessels to home in on the distress beacon.
GME has been designing and manufacturing EPIRB's for over 30 years, in that time literally hundreds of lives have been saved in Australia and around the world.Features
- Unrivaled in technology, performance and price
- COSPAS-SARSAT worldwide operation
- Ground breaking microprocessor based design, delivers unparalleled
performance and value
- Meets AS/NZ 4280.1:2003 standards. C/S T.001/007. IMO A810 (19)
- Zero warm-up digital technology
- Non-hazardous IATA compliant battery pack for restriction free transportation
- 16 Channel parallel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad Helix antenna for better than 100 meter accuracy
- High visibility solid state strobe
- Enclosed in a UV resistant float free housing that automatically deploys and activates the EPPIRB when submersed to a depth of 2-4 meters
- Rugged easy-to-mount design
- 6 year battery life
- Easy, in-built self-test with audio/visual alert
- 6 year GME warranty